Cummins&Partners is one of the most innovative independent agencies in Australia, powered by some of the industry’s leading thinkers and creatives. Our ambitions are massive and this is an amazing opportunity to share the ‘independent’ energy whilst working on leading brands.
The Broadcast Producer oversees the production of all broadcast work generated by Cummins&Partners and is responsible for the estimating and execution of television, radio and some online projects. You are expected to manage and where necessary, improve agency processes to provide a streamlined production process, improve communication between departments and manage the administrative process on an on-going basis. Your expertise in the area of production services is essential and the ability to pick things up quickly with your can-do attitude will drive this role.
- To work collaboratively in the broader agency team and closely with the client, production company and the creative department to ensure optimum service and results.
- Responsible for completion of television and radio and some online commercial productions.
- To manage budgets and handle all negotiations with production companies to ensure costs to the client are minimised.
- Liaising with casting and talent agencies to negotiate best deals for the agency and clients.
- To ensure compliance with all administrative requirements in respect of VO, music & talent engagements (eg. tax and super forms, working with children checks)
- To supervise all aspects of post-production including editing, music and voice recording, mixing all elements of film and sound, grading, and other fine-tuning of the commercials.
- Management of production schedules to ensure that productions are completed on time.
- To produce comprehensive and accurate client estimates and follow up approvals with account service to ensure that the client has approved production before costs are incurred.
- To ensure that all productions are completed on budget and on time.
- To maximise agency revenues wherever possible.
- To notify account service of any contingencies with regard to production schedules or budgets in a timely manner, so that the client can be kept informed.
- Traffic and mange jobs (TVC’s & Agency Reels, Awards etc.) through the in-house edit suite.
- To source and track assets for creative where necessary, especially during pitches.
- Preparation of estimates, purchase orders, monthly JDR’s and general reconciliations etc.
- Maintaining the usage rights/rollovers for talent contracts, voiceovers, music & stock footage
- Arrange TVC approvals from CAD/TvCAB including pre-approvals & script advice, including despatching of TV and Radio dubs.
- Assist the Head of Broadcast Production with the daily running of the department, including, timesheets, WIP document and general administration.
- To oversee shoots and manage the production company on set to ensure the agency’s point of view is always clearly understood and reflected.
- Excellent organisational, time and self-management skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for the industry and excellence in our work.
- 3+ years prior agency / industry experience
- Comprehensive understanding of general production practices
- Strong computer skills, proficient use of Microsoft Office, BCC & Gmail
Melbourne based | Jayde@ponyexpresstalent.com