A User Experience and Digital Product agency based in the heart of Melbourne are looking for Interface Design Director. They specialise in experience strategy, user experience, design and development.
This is a dual leadership/designer position. As a confident and passionate designer you will lead the studio with your hands-on approach to creating and executing a range of digital projects from pitch to completion. Your hunger to learn and grow should match your ability to lead and support the studio and its clients to create outstanding digital designs.
- Be the foremost advocate of value and power of design aesthetic, Interface Design and UX; and how these can help and delight the user
- Approach projects with a solution driven mindset, solving problems with a can-do attitude
- Produce and direct outstanding design and interface work that is well considered; and answers the client brief
- Art direct, manage and lead in-house designers and design contractors
- Manage the day to day UI Design production required across a variety of digital projects and scope
- Lead client meetings and advocate for Design and Art Direction
- Build and manage client relationships as required on a project-by-project basis
- Accurately estimate, quote and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Tertiary education or higher (Bachelor of Design/Communication or similar)
- 6+ years of experience in digital design roles and 2+ years of experience leading design teams
- Ability to personally work on, as well as direct, projects from concept to completion
- Experience in digital design specifically, for web and mobile and responsive design
- Experience leading and managing designers to create outstanding work
- Expert knowledge of and skills in the latest design and presentation software
(Sketch, Adobe CS Suite, Axure RP)
- Great capacity to turn complex interactions into straightforward user experiences
- A natural communicator, and highly effective at time management, understanding the pressures and needs of balancing creativity with deadlines
- Exposure and knowledge of HTML, CSS and Content Management Systems
Bonus points for:
- A deep understanding of the UX process
(contextual interviews, user testing, research and wireframes)
- Experience and drive to manage people
(training, personal development, performance management, hiring)
- An interest in how Design and Art Direction can impact sales and account management within the studio.
Send your CV and folio to: email@example.com