KOJO | Senior Creative (Copywriter) | Melbourne
KOJO is a creative services business. We seamlessly merge strategy, creativity & technology to understand audiences and inspire them by delivering memorable experiences and stories with compelling outcomes. At our core we are idea generators, storytellers & creative artists who engage and influence millions people globally through live, digital, & screen-based storytelling across every channel, every device and everywhere. Whether it is thrilling moviegoers, connecting brands with customers, inspiring employees or engaging sports fans; KOJO makes you one simple promise - To tell your story like no other; Kojo.com.au
Overview of job
You will act as a partner to our Creative Director (Phil Moule) in the co-creation and ideation of winning ideas. You will be the guardian angel of copy, the doyen of words. Alongside this, you’ll have the opportunity to independently respond to briefs; developing your own creative thinking in the process.
We’re looking for someone who has married an integrated background to a digital mindset.
Your work will expose you to many mediums and all platforms.
Client Portfolio: KOJO Sports (inc. Big Bash League, Adelaide Oval, Adelaide Crows, Richmond FC, Australian Rugby Union), Racing Victoria, Mitsubishi, GSK, Kmart, Lendlease - and many, many others..
Best things about the job:
- The variation of work and the application of creative across different platforms, formats & ideas
- Work on campaigns, get your hands dirty and see real results.
- Be directly exposed to your clients. Attend briefings, form relationships and influence creative decision making
- Less stakeholders. Work directly alongside the talent that will execute your concepts, from the point of idea generation. Directors, Animators, Motion Designers - we have them all under our roof
- Be part of a national team, working on national clients, with national briefs
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have worked on:
- The 2nd series of an 8 piece content production with a large international client
- The beginning of a 12 month advertising campaign for a major sport client
- A major activation concept
- At least one of our AFL clients
In six months to twelve months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a critical member of the national creative team
- Provided mentorship to the younger creatives
- Evolved the ideation process & pushed all of our creative boundaries
- Developed relationships with key internal stakeholders to deliver pitch winning ideas
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Concept Development
- Presenting ideas to clients
What you will need:
- A strong integrated portfolio
- Talent as a copywriter (long and short conceptual copy)
- Demonstrated ability leading and contributing to the creation and ideation of winning ideas
- Clear examples of content focused, digitally led work
- To be a team player
- To enjoy doing the work & getting your hands dirty. There are no ivory towers at Kojo
Interested? email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org